10/4/09

Bamboletta Doll

Bamboletta’ means ‘little doll’ in Italian and is a term of endearment that parents use for their children. Bamboletta Dolls is a family business based in Cobble Hill, BC. Christina Platt and her team of "mamas" and husband, John, take great pride and care to use only the finest materials available to make their special dolls. Recently featured in Mothering Magazine, Bamboletta Dolls are growing in popularity around the world. While in Guatemala this past Winter/Spring a Bamboletta Ambassador joined us for the journey and regularly blogged about her adventures.

Christina is donating one of her special dolls to our upcoming gala. Her name is Poppy and she is pictured here on the bench at the coffee shop where we just met Christina on our way up Island. Isn't she adorable

Valued at $125, Starting Bid $60
Christina Platt, Bamboletta Dolls

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I am not sure if this is the way you would like people to do it, but I would like to start the bidding at $60. I am a big fan of Christina's work and she has shared on her website the wonderful work that Project Somos is doing; I would like to be a part of it (and possibly win a beautiful doll in the process!) Thank you!

kapcapmommy said...

I would like to post a bid of $80 for the Bamboletta doll! Christina's work is just amazing and I think it is great that she is helping Project Somos as well!

Heather Alicia said...

Jessica just uppped the bid to $80!!!

Unknown said...

I bid $100.

Unknown said...

$100. Love the Bamboletta's.

Kirby Huminuik said...

I'll raise to $100. Now that Roshi is saying "baby", he will love her.

Heather Alicia said...

Kirby's bid just went up to $110

Lisa and Samantha said...

I would like to bid $165.00 I just love Bamboletta dolls!! especially for such a good cause.
Thanks so much and Good Luck!
Lisa

Lisa and Samantha said...

I would like to bid $175.00 for this precious doll. I love Bamboletta dolls and especially for this wonderful cause.
Good Luck with your auction!

CarlaQ said...

Amazing cause, I will bid $150.

Heather Alicia said...

Thanks for all the bids on lovely Poppy! She ended up going for $200!